Saturday, October 2, 2010

Conference Quotes

My Top 10 Conference Quotes from Today:
(Not perfectly quoted, as they are just from my notes)

10
A teacher's attitude isn't taught, it's caught -- David M McConkie

9
Life is a stewardship of time.-- D. Todd Christofferson

8
Integrity is not naivete.  
What is naive is to suppose that we are not accountable to God. 
-- D. Todd Christofferson

7
You may be thinking, that's all good and well, but what does that have to do with flying an airplane?
-- Dieter F. Uchtdorf

6
Quoting DaVinci:  "Simplicity is the most elegant sophistication."  
--Dieter F. Uchtdorf

5
We would do well to slow down a little, look up and see the things that matter most.
--Dieter F. Uchtdorf

4
To strengthen our relationship with Christ, 
we need to spend more time alone with Him.
--Dieter F. Uchtdorf
(Can you tell, I really liked his talk)

and yet one more...
3
In family relationships, "love" is spelled T-I-M-E.
--Dieter F. Uchtdorf

2
Sometimes God allows you to struggle for a long time for an answer.  
This allows your faith and character to grow.
--Richard G. Scott

And Number 1
In the announcement of places where new temples will be built soon...
drum roll please...
Indianapolis, Indiana!!!


More conference tomorrow!  I love it!  I feel so uplifted, loved, and inspired to be better.  
If you don't already make it a habit to watch every April and October, try watching here, tomorrow, at 10AM and 2 PM, mountain daylight time.  You'll be so glad you did! 




4 comments:

  1. I CAN tell who's talk you liked best.

    Also when I visit my sister I fly into Indianapolis and right now their temple is in Nauvoo and they were so excited to hear yesterday's announcement. Yahoo!!!

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't conference wonderful!! It went by too fast though. Can't wait for the Conference Ensign to come out. I'm also a fan of President Uchdorf. I've noticed that most women are, though the men don't seem to like him nearly as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad came home from Priesthood session saying he'd heard that President Uchtdorf is the one the women swoon over at the Church Office Bldg. I was like, "Swoon! You can't swoon over a general authority." But looks aside, he speaks well, and uniquely, to women. I love his talks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conference was awesome!! I love that you shared all of your favorite quotes. I also love that my Mom really does love really nice sheets! haha

    ReplyDelete