Thursday, October 21, 2010

What do you call a girl with a frog on her head?

 From birthday breakfast,
to bedtime birthday cake, 
I've been thinking all day 
about how much I love my Lily.  
You bring fun and laughter to our home.  
You are cheerfully helpful, and kind and thoughtful.
I so enjoyed the day we spent in St. G shopping for your birthday.
I learned things about you that day:  
that you love to smell good, 
that orange chicken trumps arcade games, 
and as you chit-chatted with your new toy "Weemo" all the way home, 
I learned that you are still my little girl, 
even though you are turning 11.  
And I'm glad about that.
Love you the most,
my Lily-girl,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to believe that she is eleven. wow! Happy belated Birthday Miss Lily.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete