Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Music Week, Day 2


I forgot to say in the beginning that this is also my response to my friend Shiela's tag. I am supposed to share seven things about myself, and this is my way of sharing those things.

So, for Day 2, I have a confession to make. I love the musical "My Turn On Earth". It's sweet and it's simple, and it makes me cry almost every time I listen to it. "I cannot do everything for you. Noone can. Noone should, for the greatest gift we have been given, next to life itself, is the power to direct that life..." (sniff!) It just doesn’t get any better than that! Anyway, my song selection is the Angel Lullaby. I sing it to my babies on occasion. Here it is:


You came from a land where all is light

To a world half day and a world half night.

To guide you by day you have my love

And to guard you by night your friend above


So sleep, sleep till the darkness ends

Guarded by your angel friends


There's one stands softly by your bed

And another sits close with a hand on your head

There's one at the window watching for the dawn

And one waits to wake you when the night is gone


So sleep, sleep till the darkness ends

Guarded by your angel friends


Are angels are assigned to watch over children while they sleep? If one didn't need food or rest, I think watching babies as they sleep would be a heavenly occupation.

1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon,
    I know we have something in common with this music thing... almost every experience reminds me of a song... no matter how long ago I heard it.

    also...
    I found out that you are a democrat and I love ya even more. ;) just kidding with that... I love you no matter what.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete