Monday, August 31, 2009

Music Week, Day 7

Day 7, is simply this:

Blessed
by Martina McBride

I get kissed by the sun
Each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the
Bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my
Front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself,
I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
Across a crowded room,
I know you know what I'm thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet and
No words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift...

When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know
I have been blessed...


And I have.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful words...
    I don't think I have heard this one.

    Guess I had better go have a listen.

    I want to share the song that inspired my blog title. I hope that is oK.

    Rain turns the sand into mud
    Wind turns the trees into bone
    Stars turning high up above
    You turn me into somebody loved

    Nights when the heat had gone out
    We danced together alone
    Cold turned our breath into clouds
    We never said what we were dreaming of
    But you turned me into somebody loved

    Someday when we're old and worn
    Like two softened shoes
    I will wonder on how I was born
    The night I first ran away from you

    Now my feet turn the corner back home
    Sun turns the evening to rose
    Stars turning high up above
    You turn me into somebody loved

    if you go here you can click listen
    [http://www.airmp3.net/download/-somebody_loved/mp3/dlXa_3e5ef_10]

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO LUCKY TO BE YOUR SISTER IN LAW!!!

    ReplyDelete